Calling all social media and marketing enthusiasts…
If you consider yourself an “A-player,” love the world of entrepreneurship, and are excited about the freedom of working from anywhere, I want to talk to you.
I’m Shannon, founder of Factory45, and I’m hiring a part-time content & communications manager to work with me directly.
Factory45 is an accelerator program that gives designers and makers the resources to start sustainable businesses in the USA. With six months, three modules, and an online community of entrepreneurs, Factory45 provides the business tools that aren’t taught in fashion school and the connections that can only be found through inside connections.
For the past few months, I’ve been running all operations with the help of two summer interns. As August comes to a close, I’m looking for someone to work with me at the next level.
You are someone who has experience creating and managing online content via blogging and social media. Ideally, you’re familiar with WordPress, TweetDeck (or something similar), and email marketing. The ideal candidate has an acute awareness of details, an eye for aesthetically pleasing design, impeccable grammar and spelling, and the ability to adopt a distinct brand voice.
Your level of experience can vary — it’s most important that you’re a “go-getter” who can efficiently manage your time, juggle varying tasks at once, and aren’t afraid to take on the marketing and content “department” of Factory45 as your own. There is a lot of room for autonomy and potential for growth within the company.
WHAT WE NEED
Strategy and implementation for:
– Growing Factory45’s social media presence and following
– Increasing traffic and readership of the Factory45 blog
– Developing a marketing strategy for the 2015 application period
– Manage the Factory45 blog by editing and publishing content on WordPress and Medium, while also sharing on social media. (This is not a writing task – you will be given the blog posts.)
– Manage email-marketing outreach through MailChimp (or the platform of your choice).
– Create and schedule content for social media sharing.
– Build relationships for guest posting and press outreach.
– Develop strategies for strengthening the “voice” of Factory45 and deepening our brand identity.
– Occasionally create Factory45 program content using Keynote.
Starting out, I’m looking for someone who can dedicate 6-10 hours per week. Commensurate on experience, payment will range from $12-$20/hour. We’ll start on a one-month paid trial period and if all goes well, we’ll extend the terms to a contract-based position. As I mentioned, this position offers the opportunity to grow in both hours and pay.
You must be comfortable working virtually — and be self-motivated.
– The opportunity to work on the ground level of a new company with projected potential for high growth.
– The freedom of working from anywhere and setting your own hours.
– The potential to be connected to some of the leading industry experts in sustainable fashion.
– The experience of working in a rapidly growing industry.
– Strong emphasis on work/life balance, self-growth, personal discovery and meaningful work.
DETAILS ON APPLYING
No resumes please! Go ahead and send me an email with the subject line “Content & Communications Manager” to firstname.lastname@example.org outlining your previous experience, why you’re the perfect person for this job, how your ideals align with Factory45, and links to your blog and/or social media accounts. Candidates who keep it short and succinct will get major bonus points : )
Deadline to apply is 9/1, but a decision may be made sooner so ASAP is best.